Thursday, January 03, 2008

WoW stuffs

So I spent most of my time after work yesterday futzing around with the DKP site for my World of Warcraft guild. In a true display of laziness I decided to use a closed source free site instead of taking the time to write my own which has resulted in having to spend 6-12 hours every month to delete people who have left the guild for various reasons. I could definitely have spent that time writing a better system myself and probably would have learned something in the process, but oh well.

I also played a dozen 2v2 arena games with my warrior and Tom's shaman. We're still getting used to playing together but we posted a winning record on the night and had fun. We even managed to kill warlock/resto druid in our final fight.

Tonight is our first raid since the 17th of December. (We took a break for the holidays.) Part of me is looking forward to raiding again, the other part of me just wants to go to sleep. I feel obligated to go, so I'm going to, but I'll probably be grumpy.


In parting I want to share a pearl of wisdom I found on a backgammon website the other day...

"Luck determines if you win or lose. Skill determines how much luck is needed."

No comments: