Sunday, June 27, 2010

Can't Stop The Serenity

Yesterday I went to a charity event for Equality Now, an organization devoted to women's rights worldwide. It turns out the organization was founded by a student of Joss Whedon's mother and he's a supporter of Equality Now and gender equality in general.

They showed the movie Serenity and then had an auction of various sci-fi/fantasy/Whedon related stuffs. I'd seen the Firefly series once but had never seen the movie, so when Duncan told me about the event I decided to go. (I enjoyed the movie but wasn't exactly blown away.) I ended up buying something in the auction that I thought was pretty cool, and the money went to a good cause. I'd have been happy to just bump up the price for someone else but I ended up with something I can hang on my very barren walls so it's all good!

No comments: