Friday, July 22, 2011

Galaxy Legion: Kronyn Anomaly Engine

Another two weeks have passed and it's time to take a look at the next mission in the temporary chain. Every mission in the chain thus far has had rewards I've really wanted to get so I had high hopes for this next one. Unfortunately it doesn't immediately pop out at me as being fantastic. The mission can be done 4 times, costs 2250 energy per completion, and is worth 2.2 xp per energy. The reward is a ship module:

size 10: 40 defense, 25 cloak

As it stands right now I'm using standard defense modules which are size 42 for 126 defense. Clearly getting these new modules is better than what I'm using now since all 4 of them would take less space, have more defense, and give some cloak for free. On the other hand defense isn't a huge priority for me right now as evidenced by the fact I'm using such bad defense modules in the first place. I'm using 2 standard defense modules right now for a total of 84 space for 252 defense, but if I spent a bunch of research I could put on 60 space for 250 defense (44 hours of research) or 84 space for 478 defense (504 hours of research). I have no intention of doing even that much research anytime soon.

Similarly for cloak I don't even equip a single standard cloaking module most of the time. I can certainly do better than a 10 for 25 ratio if I ever do decide to put on some cloak to go hacking. I may well research better cloaking in the near future but my reason for doing so would be to get better planet cloak buildings, not better ship cloak modules.

I could get them and turn them into complex tech parts but the energy cost to do so is high compared to killing the NPC referred to yesterday so I don't think I want to get them for that reason. Eventually my ship size will be big enough to just have them equipped all the time for small gains (I should work out when that eventually will be) so I probably want to keep the option around to pick them up. But I don't think it's worth grabbing them during this temporary window. I'm going to have to wait months before I can do the prerequisite chain (500 flux probes) but since I don't really want them before then anyway I should be ok leaving them be and spending the 9000 energy on other stuff in the meantime.

No comments: