Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Galaxy Legion: Adaptive Spire

It's been a little while since the last temporary mission chain came to a close and a new one finally started today. The last chain started with a real doozy, needing 500 flux probes to get it done. This one is a lot more lenient. For a mere 1500 energy you get 3300 experience which is a 2.2 xp/e ratio. This is a fairly standard and unexciting amount. The reward for doing so is an interesting little size 1 planet building that changes depending on the type of planet on which it gets built.

If the planet is typically a mining planet (barren, toxic, volcanic) then the building gives 2 mining production.

If the planet is typically an artifact planet (icy, terra, desert) then the building gives 2 artifact production.

If the planet is typically a research planet (metallic, gas) then the building gives 2 research production.

If the planet is awesome (exotic, dyson) then the building gives one of each production.

2 production for 1 size is pretty much as good as it gets. If you don't have a high level of building tech researched these are going to be awesome. If you do have a lot of building tech researched these are still going to be pretty good. Just the way the pieces fit together it won't be good on every planet but it will be worth putting somewhere for sure. Especially since you can only get 20 of them and you can put up to 2 on each planet.

But how good are they actually going to be? I have a dyson and on it they're worth almost 48 points per hour. For 1500 energy? Sign me up. Beyond that it gets a lot worse. My next best planet has them worth only 14 per hour. My 10th best planet for them has them worth less than 10 per hour. That's ok to be sure, but is it really worth 1500 energy? I'm spending my energy right now trying to race change into a Taltherian, and if I do that I'll gain the ability to spend 200 energy for 20 artifact production per hour. That's 15 times as efficient which is a pretty big deal.

I don't actually think it's going to be worth delaying that while I scoop up 20 of these buildings. I'm thinking I'll probably grab 2 for my dyson but beyond that I'll ignore it until it comes back around a second time.

No comments: