Thursday, September 22, 2011

Galaxy Legion: Repairing

I got to thinking today... What actually impacts the cost to repair your ship? I'm planning on looking into how to defend a base and knowing the costs of repairing will help with that. I had a few ideas that I wanted to test...

  • Does it matter what modules you have equipped?
  • Does it matter what modules you have to pay upkeep on?
  • Does it matter how much damage is being repaired?
  • If so, is it by sheer quantity or by percentage of your max?
The first was easy to test. Take some damage, look at the repair cost, then put on a scan module. The repair cost didn't change. So, what you have equipped doesn't matter.

The second was also easy. I had a broken scan module in my inventory. I repaired it and the repair cost went up. So, what you have to pay upkeep on impacts the cost of repairing.

The third and fourth required a little manipulation but wasn't very hard. I played around a little bit by unequipping some hull modules and making note of how much it cost to repair each amount. It definitely varied as I changed the amount repaired and it turned out to vary exactly by percentage of hull repaired. In fact, the amount it cost to repair was UPKEEP/6*percentage_repaired.


I guess this wasn't all that much of a mystery and it didn't really take long to work out, but I wanted to know and now I do. Huzzah!

No comments: