Sunday, December 18, 2011

League of Legends: More on Manamune

I played a bunch of games yesterday where I built the item Manamune based on yesterday's post. I built it on Tristana and Warwick with the following results:

Tristana:

Loss - 3/8/4
Loss - 1/5/2
Win - 6/1/6
Loss - 1/9/8

Warwick:

Win - 1/2/5
Loss - 5/5/16


So, not the best records with the item. One thing I noticed is I was never even close to maxxing out the mana bonus so that assumption in yesterday's analysis was quite flawed. I'm probably lucky to get 300 bonus mana out of it, not 1000, which knocks 14 damage off of it even in end game. This makes it significantly worse from a damage perspective than any of the actual damage options.

But how did it change gameplay? Well, I wasn't getting it early enough on Tristana to notice. The laning phase was generally done when I had it which meant using the extra mana for harassing was less useful. It would let me keep going if team fights were working out in my favour but it feels like they'd be more likely to work out in my favour if I had a better damage item.

On Warwick it was more useful. I pretty much never had to go home for mana and never needed to take my blue buff so I could give it away. At one point in the game I lost I was 5/0/2 and went on a run where I just ran up the map helping every lane in turn kill off all the enemies. I actually feel like the loss in that game was more because my team was terrible than that I was less effective with Manamune. Since Warwick has a couple good ways to heal himself with mana it feels like having access to infinite mana means I never have to return to base. Tristana still has to go back to heal (unless she spends a lot of money on lifesteal items and she can't do both early).


I think I need to go back to the drawing board with Tristana. Warwick on the other hand can make use of infinite mana but I might be able to get to infinite mana with a cheaper item? I think I want to try an Eleisa's Miracle on Tristana and a Soul Shroud on Warwick...Soul Shroud is actually more expensive than Manamune so I don't know how smart an idea that is but at least it adds some tanky stats instead of some damage stats that I don't need as much?

No comments: