Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Band Hero: American Pie

One of the things I really like about various rhythm games is when a truly awesome song is available. Often, especially in the earlier days of the genre, it would just be a bad cover of the song. Or it wouldn't be the whole thing for various reasons. Walk Like An Egyptian was in Dance Dance Revolution Universe 2 (and is by far my favourite song in that game both in terms of the steps and the original song) but it was cut down to about 1:38 from the original 3:24. That's great and all, but it would be better if it was the whole thing! (Well, except I can barely stay on my feet for 1:38... I'd probably die if it was a full 3:24!)

I finished off the story mode of Band Hero last night. The reward for beating it was the credits scrolling across a new song... American Pie by Don McLean.



American Pie is my favourite song. And they seem to have the original version in the game. The whole original version. All 8 minutes and 36 seconds of it. A full 1427 notes! It's glorious!

No comments: