Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Final Fantasy Concert

Today was a great day for discovering things about Final Fantasy music. I stumbled across two amazing discoveries but one of them is relatively time sensitive so that's what today's post is about. The other one will wait until tomorrow...


Distant Worlds is a series of Final Fantasy music concerts that have been going on since 2007. I don't know how they choose orchestras to do the performances but it looks like it changes based on location. The Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony did a show a month ago in Waterloo that I was tempted to travel to attend but I got apathetic and didn't get around to it. I found out today that they're doing a second show, in Toronto, this weekend. Even better, they've managed to get Nobuo Uematsu to come along, likely to play keyboards for some FFVI songs. That's insane! Nobuo is the composer for almost all of the music for almost all of the core Final Fantasy games. He's awesome and I now have to go.

There are still around 600 tickets available on Ticketmaster so I figure there's still a bit of time. I'll likely be buying a ticket tomorrow night. Does anyone else want to shell out ~$100 to go to an awesome concert?

No comments: