Friday, March 16, 2012

Intel Extreme Masters: Hanover

Last weekend was the IEM championship event in Hanover. I wish I'd known since they had a League of Legends tournament streaming and I have to assume the games were awesome. The videos are online though, and can be watched at the League of Legends website. And I tracked them down on Facebook and liked them so hopefully I'll get notification that a big event is going on before it happens!

Unfortunately the very first page you go to when you find the videos is the finals so it's a bit of a spoiler about the previous matches. I decided to just watch from the end since presumably two pretty good teams made it that far. The first game of the finals started off insane! Moscow 5 was in it and started off with a crazy set-up. They had their bottom lane start with the blue buff while their jungler took red. Then their AD carry soloed bottom lane with blue while their support just ran around being crazy. It's the sort of thing that I can't help but feel like could be countered if you knew it was coming but if you have the balls to try it and it works you just win the game. Which is how I felt watching M5 play at the last IEM event! I'm looking forward to watching the rest of their games over the weekend. I should really cancel my cable tv...

No comments: