Thursday, March 22, 2012

Star Wars The Old Republic: Free Pass

Personally I stopped playing Star Wars: The Old Republic a couple weeks after I started playing it. The game was actually pretty interesting but ultimately I decided I was burned out on the 'run around between quest hubs' style of game. Especially the running part. But some of you might not be so burned out on running around and might want to give the game a shot since it did feel reasonably slick...

They're apparently running a free weekend deal where anyone who doesn't have an account can sign up and play for free this weekend. I seem to recall it took years for World of Warcraft to start giving away free trial accounts so I'm not sure what that bodes for SW:TOR. Maybe it means free trials are just great deals? It doesn't cost them much to offer (they have to build the web pages and such but each individual account has no marginal cost) and it might get some people to actually buy the game after the trial. It certainly feels like a great way for people who are playing to try to snare some of their friends into playing as well.

Maybe it's worth checking out? The download is pretty substantial but it could be worth checking out if you haven't yet. Free is a decent price!

1 comment:

Monoboob said...

I played for two months before I got burned out and it was for the same reason you gave.