Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Final Fantasy Legend III: Persistent Items

I've played a little bit of FFLIII in the last couple days and realized something quite remarkable while playing... My weapons aren't decaying! My spells aren't running out of charges! My beast/monster character has unlimited uses of her abilities! In short, I won't need to keep buying the same base level items over and over again to deal with the consumable nature of found gear. I'm thrilled!

Other things are pretty great too. My beast/monster character changes species when she levels up. So even if there is a particular monster that is particularly overpowered I can't possibly stay at that species forever. This could be seen as a negative but after the way I played FFL I'm pretty glad it works this way. In fact, I don't even feel the need to try to find a broken monster! I can just eat whatever drops and transform into anything and not have to worry about making a crippling mistake. That's a lot of pressure gone.

I think I'm going to go for balance in my party. One human, one mutant, one monster, one robot. I have yet to find an enemy that drops parts so I haven't headed towards Mr. Roboto yet but that's the plan anyway.

No comments: