Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest: Battlefields

Spread around the map in Mystic Quest are various battlefields. Each battlefield contains 10 encounters worth the standard amount of experience/gold for the fights and each award a different bonus for completing the battlefield. I did the first one and got bonus experience but then decided to just plow through the game and skip as many fights as I could. I figured if I was underleveled it might make the game a little more challenging (one of the common complaints is that the game is too easy) and would possibly make the playthrough go faster. While writing yesterday's post I wondered if maybe there was some other reason to do these battlefields and figured I'd take a look...

It turns out there are 20 battlefields and 5 of those have a unique reward for completing the battlefield. Two are pieces of equipment, two are spells, and one appears to be a mandatory item for progressing the plot. I'm not at the point where I'd be stuck without that item so I wonder if I would have received a warning that I needed to actually do that specific battlefield or if I would have ended up frustrated and stuck. The battlefields I need to check out are: south of Aquaria, north of Libra Temple, far north of Focus Tower, and south of Mine. I don't need the 5th item since it gets made obsolete by the item south of Aquaria.

I just lost my ally and am currently wandering around solo. I guess I'll find out if I can solo these battlefields or if I need to advance the plot enough to get a new ally!

No comments: