Monday, August 20, 2012

Go4LoL Reporting Uselessness

We got 5 people together again this week to enter the Go4LoL cup event. We didn't get a bye this week and our first round opponents were more in the ~1900 range instead of ~2100 range like the previous week.  They still blew us up good, but it took them longer to do so and we actually pulled off a gank top and killed him which was sweet. 

At any rate, the match ended (we did the normal draft again since Lino said that's how it's supposed to work) and I went to check out the result... More cheating! One guy failed to properly associate his account because he's incapable of spelling his own account name. (Twelvetaisl instead of Twelvetails.) Another isn't on this team at all and is on a different team. I suspect both of these things would exclude them from winning any money if they actually managed to win the event. (They ended up losing in the next round to the guys who beat us last week so I guess it doesn't matter.) Anyway, Lino also linked to how to file a protest so I figured I'd send one in and see what happens.

Now I don't know if they've redesigned their site since they posted how to file a protest or if the guy writing the FAQ thing just didn't know what he was talking about. There was no way to file a protest for the match off of the match summary itself. Snuggles eventually found a link under your personal profile settings where you could launch a protest. So I filled one out...

After submitting it I got a message stating the other team had 48 hours to file a response to our charges. Then the admins would get back to me after that time or earlier. As best we could tell that ruled out exactly 48 hours for a response and otherwise they'd get around to it whenever. What were they going to do? No idea. Penalty points of some kind which impacted the chance of making the monthly championships was our best guess.

I got a response about 10 hours later. Boiled down the response basically said that the admin was too slow reading the protest so nothing was going to be done. What? WHAT?

Ok, so there's clearly no long term consequences for having an inappropriate team. But the subtext of the response was that if the admin was paying attention they would have done something on the spot. The only thing I could think that they could be doing is DQing them and advancing us. Wouldn't that be a blast? At least now I know how to fill out a protest so I can send one in next week when our opponents cheat...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The implication I get from that is we should actually launch the protest before playing the game...

What confuses me is the fact that the site itself determined they were cheating automatically and still didn't do anything

sSs