Thursday, November 01, 2012

MLG Fall Championships

It's been a while since I've been able to spend a whole weekend just watching video games online. This weekend will change that since it's the Major League Gaming championships this weekend. I haven't been following them at all this quarter so I don't know if they'd been running arenas or whatnot. If they have, Facebook wasn't telling me about it.

This championship looks to be interesting in that they're bring back a first person shooter for the first time in quite a while. Even more interesting is that it's a game that hasn't even come out yet! Halo 4 is getting a prerelease of sorts by being a $40k tournament! Beyond that they're holding events for StarCraft II, League of Legends, Mortal Kombat, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, and something called PlayStation AllStars that I've never heard of.

Apparently they've got a field of over 850 people to play the Halo 4 event which seems like an awful lot of people to compete in a game no one has even played! I donno, have they given beta copies to these people or is everyone going in blind?

No comments: