Monday, July 01, 2013

A Dark Room

Sunspots, an old WoW guildie, sent me a Facebook message yesterday pointing out a game he thought I'd like. Well, I've played it all morning and I am definitely a fan. It reminds me a little of the Candy Box game I played a couple months ago in that it's a self contained browser game where you collect random raw materials, build things, and go on adventures. A Dark Room is better than Candy Box, though. Way better. Combat (when it comes up) is slow enough that I feel like I can make actual decisions. The stuff you collect and build actually makes sense as opposed to just being weird candy stuff. And it has an interesting twist near the end that's right up my alley.

I know a bunch of people who played a lot of Candy Box. I think those people should check out A Dark Room. I think you'll like it!

No comments: