Thursday, December 05, 2013

Path of Exile: Affix Maximum Levels

Yesterday I ran some more higher end maps with Tom and Sceadeau and we ended up doing a 74 map and got a 75 map to drop. A 75 map can drop ilvl 77 gear from the rare/boss monsters and that's really starting to be legitimate best in slot potential gear. For some items and some builds 77 is probably way too high, even, and I should be looking into picking up white items far below that level as potentially awesome items. In order to know which items those are I need to find an affix list with a listing of levels for each mod.

I thought I could just put one together myself but it turns out different affix tiers spawn on different items. Cast speed, for example, can spawn with a max of 7% on a ring, 13% on an amulet, and 22% on a wand/staff/scepter. So if you just care about a cast speed ring you only need to find one with ilvl 2 or higher and you're set! One of the weapons on the other hand requires at least ilvl 72 which I won't be finding in my typical grinding ground of a level 68 map.

I found a list of which affixes can spawn on which item type and set to work building a spreadsheet I could filter to only show the highest one of each type. Then I went went back to the same list and saw someone had already done that work for me. Huh. So here it is!

As far as gear for my character goes I'm stuck using uniques in many slots in order to actually get magic find stats for my glass merchant build. It turns out most of the magic find affixes flat out can't spawn in the current league so the only way to get item quantity is from these uniques. This means I really need to get great defensive stats out of the remaining slots...


Base Item Type - Hubris Circlet (69)

Helmet - Prefixes - IIR (62), ES (51), ES% (72), ES%/SR (78), Minion levels (65), Mana (75)
Helmet - Suffixes - IIR (75), Cold/Fire/Lightning Resist (72), Int (74)

Base Item Type - Titanium Spirit Shield (68)
Shield - Prefixes - ES (69), ES% (72), ES%/SR (78), Mana (75)
Shield - Suffixes - Resist All (60), Cold/Fire/Lightning Resist (72), Int (74), Block Chance (58)


Base Item Type - Archon Kite Shield (68)
Shield - Prefixes - ES (69), ES/AR% (72), ES%/AR%/SR (78), Mana (75), Armour (73)
Shield - Suffixes - Resist All (60), Cold/Fire/Lightning Resist (72), Int (74), Block Chance (58)

Base Item Type - Vaal Regalia (68)
Chest - Prefixes - ES (75), ES% (72), ES%/SR (78), Mana (75)
Chest - Suffixes - Cold/Fire/Lightning Resist (72), Int (74)

Base Item Type - Saintly Chainmail (70)
Chest - Prefixes - ES (75), ES/AR% (72), ES%/AR%/SR (78), Mana (75), Armour (73)
Chest - Suffixes - Cold/Fire/Lightning Resist (72), Int (74)

Ring - Prefixes - IIR (62), ES (68), Mana (75)
Ring - Suffixes - IIR (75), Resist All (60), Cold/Fire/Lightning Resist (72), Cast Speed (2), Int (74)


So ideally I'm looking for ilvl 78 for all of the armour slots. Hat I can probably get away with 75 since I want IIR, ES, and ES% as the optimal three prefixes I think. Rings have to be 75. Interesting that IIR is both a prefix and a suffix in some slots.

No comments: